Re: Spring sag on one side (just a little longer -)

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Spring sag on one side (just a little longer -)
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 06:49:48 -0400
At 07:11 PM 09/15/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Atwell,
>Short answer is .... "It really is the spring!"  :)

Thanks!  <g>

BTW this has actually been a pretty good thread... and after seeing the
actual spring rates of the FRONT springs I understand why putting the
earlier springs on the front of my '79 resulted in the ride height being
too low.

I'm having some spacers made up (to replace the temporary wooden ones I was
experimenting with) and now I've specified a thicker one for the driver's
side.

PS, when fine-tuning the suspension of our (very light) cars, we should be
aware of how the wheels meet the road when laden with passengers.  That
front  positive camber everyone adjusts out is MUCH less with two
passengers... and the negative rear camber is more.

Atwell Haines
"Mr. Spit" '79 Spitfire
Succasunna,  NJ USA