DGV Jet settings - here's the answer

To: "LIST Spitfires autox" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: DGV Jet settings - here's the answer
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:38:47 -0400
Someone was asking me what the jet setting for a Weber DGV
on a 1500 Spit should be.
Well I don't know what they SHOULD be... but the Weber
that was on my 78 Spit...that I just stripped, cleaned and rebuilt
has these jets in it and it runs fine (CO2 in spec for MD inspection)

The first #'s in the table below are the part identification #'s from the
photo
in the Haynes Weber Carb book on page 7-10
The last number in the table below, is what is stamped on each of the parts

38 Primary Idle Jet -  55
38a Secondary Idle Jet - 50
24 Primary Main Jet - 140
24a Secondary Main Jet - 135
78 Primary Emulsion Tube - F50
78a Secondary Emulsion Tube - F6
79 Primary Air corrector - 160
79a Secondary Air Corrector - 165

hope this helps (whoever it was that asked)

By the way...this carb and manifold is for sale
I have a Weber DCOE on the 78 Spit and returned the rebuilt ZS
to it's original location on the '80.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab