bearing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: bearing
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:36:05 -0400
Listers, the complete clutch & TOB are out and sitting on my work bench. The
TOB is completely destroyed, after a very close examination by 4 different
people, there is a possibility, the owner of the car did not press the TOB
all the way onto the sleeve. There seems to be a little bit of space left
open on the sleeve which may have caused TOB failure, and not a faulty part.
I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the part, not the car owner, but,
this still does not in anyway change my mind about the use of cheap inferior
F.E. parts. I just wanted to let the rest of the list know my findings, one
way or the other. There is 1 person I have very close contact with on this
matter, and she has never lost a argument, that says my husband would never
make such a stupid mistake, so you see there is some doubt.   "FT"