Lucas Alternator

To: vicwhit@home.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Alternator
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:16:38 -0400
 >Does anyone know the best source for the diode pack and regulator for the Lucas
 >alternator (16ACR)? Vicky Brit has the diode pack. Are there others?

I have a spare alternator that is needs only the regulator, so I'm also
interested in finding the right one.

My parts book is lists a couple of different part numbers, and the TRF price
list
has many, many supersessions for them.  The bottom line is that they have
one part for about $11 and one for about $35, and either might work.

Also, I think that the various original and aftermarket regulators have
different numbers of wires and different ways of being hooked up.
The service manuals (e.g. Bentley) have schematics for the alternator
as a whole, but from them it is not always clear what gets connected to what.
And like I said before, my alternator has one wire going to it that
has no internal connection!

Good Luck,

Doug Braun