Re: New Arrival: 1980 Spitfire (and new to the list)

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Arrival: 1980 Spitfire (and new to the list)
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:13:45 -0500
Tony,

Congratulations on the new purchase.  I am partial to 1980 Spitfires - mainly
because I have owned one for about 9 years.  Just got it repainted last winter.

The trick to getting the key out, is when you are turning the car off and the
key is vertical, push the key in and continue turning it.

The Wiper actually has 4 positions.  Starting at the top - The top is high
speed (or at least as fast as it goes), the next position is low, third is off
and fourth is a single wipe and should return to off when you release it.  My
guess is that the spring that holds it in the off position is broken or fell
out of the switch somehow (like when the turn signal switch was replace if it
ever has been.)

I have the start of a new web page showing my Spitfire
www.cjnetworks.com/~relliott.  I haven't gotten real far on it yet but it is a
start.

Roger Elliott