the vapors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: the vapors
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:19:00 -0500
> > You can eliminate the carbon canister, but you will have to run the
> > vent line to somewhere that it won't vent fumes inside the car.  And by
> > all means do not plug it up.  The car will soon stall when a vacuum
> > develops inside the fuel tank.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but don't refineries nowadays add propane to
gasoline in order to raise or lower the octane rating of fuel (its cheaper that
way)?   Since propane is normally found as a gas, I just wonder what affect
venting a gas tank to atmosphere might have on its octane rating over time.
Since I normally drive my TR only occasionally, I always get fuel at the time I
drive it, just enough to cruise around some.  This way I keep fresh fuel when
I'm driving.  I wouldn't recommend keeping a low tank for everyone, but  I live
in the desert, so humidity is no problem.