Stainless GT6/Spitfire muffler/silencer for sale

To: Spit-flyers <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stainless GT6/Spitfire muffler/silencer for sale
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:31:14 -0800
Spit-fliers,

I've been studying the stainless exhaust system I bought from Rimmer
Bros. recently and it has become apparant that the muffler/
silencer that they sent will not fit my car.  It's 24" wide which is
only suitable for "square tail" U.S. Spitfires 1974 and earlier.
They've offered to exchange it, but the shipping/duty/hassle costs
make this undesirable, so I'm selling it (here first).

It's identical to the Stainless GT6 muffler in the VB catalog
(two polished tail pipes) and will fit Mk3 GT6 or Mk4-1500 Spitfires
that are 1974 or earlier.  It's "as new" (never been used).  VB wants
$160 for them (was $180 earlier this year), I'll take $140 plus
actual shipping costs from North Carolina.  Email me if interested and
I can send digi-pics or further details.

FWIW the rest of the SS system (4-into-2-into-1 manifold & pipe) is
not a plug-and-play affair.  Some fabrication, cutting and tweaking
will be required to fit it to my car.  Fortunately it does mate up
with the stock US muffler.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)