Re: where are all the old Spitfires?

To: FODFARTS@cs.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: where are all the old Spitfires?
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:18:28 -0800
Hey Brad:

I have several Spits ( a running 1500, two semi-complete early '70s 1300s),
including one '68 (I think) round tailed Spit.  I bought the early Spit
from a local tow yard, mostly 'cause they were ready to send it off to the
crusher!  The car is a non-runner, has sill rust on both sides, interior is
shot, but the car is still cute!  It has been fun to observe the
expressions of a few teenage boys (I have 4 daughters!!) when they see the
car.  Words like "Oh wow...that car is sooo coool; what is it?" are often
heard in the driveway!

I have sold off the dizzy and a few other bits.  But generally, it seems
like I have run into little interest for parts or the complete car to sell,
at least here in Northern  CA.  Unless someone rescues this car, it will
(sadly) be sold off in bits and pieces, never to slumber down the road
again (sob!)  What gives?

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components