Stereo question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Stereo question
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:12:21 +0000

Hi guys!

Been out of the office for a bit, and just finished catching up on the past
week's e-mails - you don't realise how many e-mail you get if you read them as
you get them, one at a time.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've seen a thread about car stereos, so here we
go:

Has anyone installed a CD player without a multichanger in their car?  Is there
room to get a CD in between the gearstick and the stereo on a 1500 Spit
(single-rail)?  I've taken a CD out to my car and tried to see if it would fit -
with the car in 4th gear, it's really close whether I'd actually be able to get
a CD in or not.  If there's no room, I'll probably go for a multichanger, but
I'd rather not because of cost and space.

And another question - if you want to mount speakers in the panel behind the
seats, at the sides of the gas tank, what's the biggest size speaker you can
actually fit into this space?

Cheers,

Dean (with no money for a stereo, but dreams, and Christmas coming up...)