RE: stereos in a Spit

To: "'nikolai jaremka'" <njaremka@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: stereos in a Spit
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:30:58 -0800
8-Track players are from mid to late sixties I had one in my MGB back then.
8-Track players were preceded by 4-Track players, which were preceded by
continuous loop cartridge players.  Mr. Lear of Lear Jet fame is responsible
for these.  FM radios started becoming "optional" equipment on cars in the
mid-sixties.  FM receivers were "invented" by Edwin Armstrong in the 1930s
but took a long time to catch on.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (Original owner)