RE: squeaky loose steering

To: "'Ryan Smith'" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: squeaky loose steering
From: "nmoseley" <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:39:41 -0800
Ryan, I had the same problem of play, (but no squeaking), this solved it for
me.
Near the base of the column is a collar type fitting. There are two pieces,
one is semi-circular (or U-shaped, if you prefer)  and the other is a sort
of plate. Through the plate is a bolt that accepts (I believe) an Allen key
to screw it in. The bolt is itself surrounded by a nut.
Loosen the surrounding nut, and screw in the bolt, whilst gently turning the
column to make for the least resistance to the bolt being screwed in. Once
the bolt is in as far as it will go, tighten the nut.
Good luck

Nick Moseley