Re: Free Spitfire

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Free Spitfire
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:03:44 -0600
Hi all!

I have seen this car and was originally going to go get it about two
years ago, but was not able to work the trip out.  It is a chocolate
brown color with the large red/white/blue stripes (read ugly) and pretty
rusted (rust-through) around the wheel wells.  It had had some sort of
fire in the electrical system (not too bad) and the interior wasn't too
bad, from what I remember.  It would take a dedicated restorer...  The
engine was okay but he said it hadn't run in quite some time, I think.
I don't think there was anything wrong with it.  The frame had some rust
but not rust-through.  Hazards of being up north!  I think I have some
pictures of it somewhere, I won't be able to send them to anyone until
after the Thanksgiving holiday, though.

Good luck!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)