Cracked frame - fixed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Cracked frame - fixed
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:54:44 EST
You may recall my "Lament Upon a Cracked Frame" from
2 weeks ago and my thanks go to all those that responded with
their excellent suggestions and guidance.  Ultimately I decided
to strip the impeding suspension parts myself and today a
mobile welder came out and welded the cracks shut and welded
a bracing plate onto the frame.  Total cost:  $189 which I thought
was a tad steep for less than 2 1/2 hours work, but certainly the
weld is smooth and robust in a manner that I never could have
achieved so I'm just going to enjoy having the car back.

And I celebrated with a top down drive on an unusually warm
day here in southeast Pennsylvania.  I picked some lightly
travelled, curving roads but frankly I was enjoying the feel
of the wind, the view of the countryside and the warm
tempatures much too much to do anything but just cruise ...

My best to you and yours for Thanksgiving.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire