Car Club is lacking, kinda long with little Spit content, sorry.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Club is lacking, kinda long with little Spit content, sorry.
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:31:45 EST
This doesn't have any direct Spitfire content but I feel it is important to
our hobby/passion/obsession.
    I recently joined a British car club in my area that had just been
formed. At first it seemed like a wonderful idea, but now I wonder. The club
has held only two meetings since it's inception in September and I can't get
any info from the "officers" as to when the next will occur. My main concern
is the lack of enthusiasism among  members. I tried to get a weekend picinic
tour planned about a month ago but no response from fellow members. None, no
calls or e-mails to let me know yes or no on attendance.
    My question to the all of you is this, does anyone have any advice about
getting a car club up and running well? I'm not an "officer" in the club so I
have limited power and don't want to step on anybody's toes but if it
continues like this I will have no choice but to drop my membership and try
to start a club on my own. Anyone with experience or advice in this forum
please let me know by this list or e-mail. Thanks, and sorry to take such a
serious tone but right now you guys and gals are my only LBC friends that
seem to care about others in the LBC community.
                                        Name withheld in case "Big Brother"
is watching.