Re: spit wheels and tires

To: "Peter Ficklin" <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: Re: spit wheels and tires
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 23:30:23 -0500
Peter, here we go...
1.  I was very much pleased after I increased the tire size on my spit.  I
think it really makes the car look like a true sports car, not to mention
performing like a spitfire.  I am glad you have wheels which will
accommodate this improvement in performance.
2.  Actually, I am at 185's in the rear right now and the car still had some
oversteer that was beyond what I was comfortable with.  But, and a big but
(not mine, he he), is that this was before I started changing shocks and
spring rates and final ride heights.  So, I  may not need to move up to
205's in the rear, but I don't think that this would be an issue to run this
bigger rubber, especially on a square tail spit.  The question is whether
you can pull it off on a round tail spit.  If I am not mistaken the Ro-Spit
was running a 185/205 combo.  Also, Tim at GRM is a big believer in AVS
Intermediates, which is all I really need to know....
3.  It sounds to me that you are going to have a killer street car.  I think
you should give it a shot on an autox course, where spits were meant to
exist.

Any other questions, let me know.
jim