RE: Non LBC - friend needs help in Des Moines, Iowa

To: "'Marcus Schaper'" <mschaper@gvpt.umd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Non LBC - friend needs help in Des Moines, Iowa
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:07:25 -0600
Marcus,

I live in Des Moines and have substantial experience replacing head gaskets
(10 years in Dodge dealership).  Unfortunatly this is not a good time for me
to pick up any additional work.  My suggestion to your friend would be to call
around.  $1200 to do a head gasket on a 4-cyl seems to me a little steep.  The
last set I did was on my wife's '95 Ford Windstar van, 3.8-v6.  Ford wanted
$1500 to replace the head gaskets, I called around and found a place that
would do it for $800.  At that time I could have the vehicle down for a while,
so I spent $240 on parts and did the job myself.  Drake Garage is a good
place, smaller privatly owned shop, experianced mechanics, nice people to work
with.  Phone number - (515) 255-6159. (no financial interest)

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
'80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'