Re: Heavy Steel Cable

To: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <dougbert@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Heavy Steel Cable
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:49:41 -0500
Hhhmmmm...don't know for sure if the '72's had one but
the cable is a major electrical ground and safety
mechanism. Check your rear transmission mount.
On the driver's side (US spec) there should be a small
boxish shaped bracket that sticks down from the mount.
It should have a hole in the front of it that would have mounted this cable.
The other end of this cable is actually used as one of the
motor to tranny mount bolts.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net     http://www.teglerizer.com
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm