transmission question

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: transmission question
From: Reginald Tulk <regtulk@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:44:20 -0600
Is a 4 speed transmission from a tr7 internally the same as a spitfire
transmission? If so what would need to be done to make it work on a
spitfire? I need a working non-OD spitfire transmission and can get this
4 speed tr7 for cheap but I'm not 100% sure if it will work or not.

-OR-

If anyone out there has a working spit tranny they want to sell cheap
(or "free to a good home") - let me know!

Reg
'74 Spit (still in boxes, but might just get an overdrive for it if I
can get the right trade!)