Moss and Kipping

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Moss and Kipping
From: Richard Gosling <rbgos@perkins-engines.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:57:16 +0000
For those who haven't heard yet...

Moss International has gone into receivership.  It seems they have run
out of cash, and had to call in the administrators.  They are trying to
"restructure and refinance the business", but are also considering
selling the whole thing off as a going concern to anyone who fancies
buying them.  According to the press release, they are still trading,
and supposedly their manufacturing sides are still manufacturing, but
TRGB have been trying to get a brake cable guide of them on my behalf
and have not succeeded, so I'd suggest that they might not be the most
reliable source of parts for the time being.  See more on
www.mossint.co.uk/press.htm.

Also, apparently, Kippings have been bought up, but I don't know by
who.  TRGB tried to get my brake cable guide off them too, and failed.
This is probably of less interest to the American listers, they are a
slightly smaller outfit than Moss and I haven't noticed any American
listers mentioning them as a regular source.

Just thought you'd all like to know!

Richard Gosling and Daffy (avoiding parking on slopes until TRGB can
find me a handbrake cable guide!)