Re: Need paint recommendation for wire wheels

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need paint recommendation for wire wheels
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:51:19 EST
In a message dated 01/22/2000 11:04:46 AM Central Standard Time,
jmcneal@ohms.com writes:

<<
 I'm going to be bead blasting a wire wheel in the near future to remove the
 old, chipped paint and some minor surface rust, before placing the wheel
 back in service as a spare.  Can anyone recommend a good paint to use for
 this purpose?  I was just planning to prime with rustoleum, then spray paint
 with some sort of acrylic silver spray from a can, followed perhaps by a
 clear coat.  Having it match the factory paint on the other four wheels
 isn't a big concern.  I just want it to look nice and wear well.

Hi, Jeff.

I've used two different silver paints at various times.  I purchased one can
from TRF: called "argent spray paint", it has the TRF part no. sticker
plastered over the Ford logo.  I also have used Eastwood's Rally Wheel Paint
(Silver #1291).  I liked both colors and both have proved durable.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com