anti burst mechanism a bust -- fixable?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: anti burst mechanism a bust -- fixable?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:30:13 -0800
Hello all,

Well, I found out why my passenger door won't stay closed.  I thought I
needed to adjust the striker plate, but as it turns out, the latching
mechansim on the door won't stay put.  That was quite a revelation for me.
Ahem, now then...  Before I dig into my Bentley workshop manual to learn how
to pull the dang thing out, does anybody know if this sort of thing is
fixable through some sort of adjustment?  Or would I be better off just
replacing the anti-burst mechanism all together?

I'm chuckling to myself as I'm writing this, because I KNOW that since I've
got to take the door panel off now ANYWAY, I might as well install the new
replacement panels I was putting off until later.  Sigh.  I'm in DEEP!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3