Door latch mechanism repaired!

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door latch mechanism repaired!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:50:19 -0800
Hello all, I had a busted anti-burst mechanism on my passenger door -- it
wouldn't stay latched!  I was able to remove, disassemble, clean and replace
with outstanding results today and documented the process for anyone else
interested in trying their hand at this repair, but are intimidated by the
thought of it as I was.  My reward after a few hours is a latch mechanism
that locks tight as a drum, moves smoothly and works as good as new.  This
has been my most satisfying repair project by far, so far.  Hope someone
benefits from this info.  Lots of digital pictures are included.

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/doors.shtml

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"