d*mn! can't find 'em anywhere

To: Triumphcars <Triumphcars@onelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: d*mn! can't find 'em anywhere
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:06:36 -0500
Well, I've run dry trying to find laygear thrust washers for my GT6.
Spitbits, Rimmer... no one stocks them.

This, from Spitbits:
> At this moment we do not have a supplier for the thrust washers.
> We can supply rebuilt gearbox $699.00

...which begs the question, what are they using in the rebuilt boxes?
Well, never mind, at this moment I do not have a supplier of $699.00 anyway.

I'm open to suggestions.  Does anyone know of a suitable part I can MAKE a
couple of thrust washers from?  Would a TR6 part be a good start?  Have
Dremel, will experiment! (meanwhile, will walk).

thanks! (fingers crossed)

--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.  Friendship, n.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.     A ship big enough to carry two in

Hmm, that guy in Monroe CT... Quantum Mechanics... I wonder....