Fake chrome refurbishing

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fake chrome refurbishing
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:17:32 -0800
Hello all,

I just found the stock AM radio that was originally fitted to at least some
early '67 Mk3 Spitfires.  I know this for a fact, since it is an exact
duplicate of the stock radio that was on my original '67 Spitfire many years
ago (wish I would have just kept THAT one, dang it!).

It has fake chrome pushbuttons and knobs and can be seen here:

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/radio.shtml

Some of the chrome paint has chipped off the tuning knob and I'd either like
to find a replacement knob, or try to determine the type of paint that's
used on plastic to give it such a nice, chrome finish like that.  I fear
that I'm not going to be able to fix this myself and might just have to
search for a new knob, but thought I might as well ask since these lists
have never failed me yet.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Triumph Spitfire Mk3