Re: silly(?) Colortune question

To: "Douglas Frank" <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: silly(?) Colortune question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:45:58 -0000
Hi Douglas
Yes you want one per carb, I keep three in stock having had one very old one
crack on me (probably dropped it first or somesuch). I had to go back to
only one for the remainder of the job, don't know how I ever managed with
only one, keep moving it from one end of the engine to the other and back
again phew worn out just thinking about it! brilliant piece of kit. On the
same track some cars with SU carbs will run like complete dogs if you tune
up at idle and as our emissions test system (UK) allows for  CO pass at 2000
rpm providing the unburnt hydrocarbons pass at idle try setting up at
1500-2000rpm if yours is one of these, I have only had one car from ten that
needed to make use of this but have just discovered that Dads 2500 is the
same.
The colourtune works well in conjunction with a DIY gas analyser for extra
accuracy, they make sure the two carbs are burning the same while the G.A.
makes sure you are running within the set limits.

We have a friend who is a supplier and my copy of his list shows he has the
thrust washers in stock, this does not guarantee that he does I just use it
as a rough guide. He is Mick Dolphin his details are on my site
http://members.tripod.co.uk/TriumphIW/index.html click links to other pages,
click suppliers.

Graham.