spitfire handling/Mid-Ohio Vintange race

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfire handling/Mid-Ohio Vintange race
From: "James F. Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:07:02 -0500 (EST)
I think that a properly equiped spit should be able to do much more than
that old .89 if on good tires, shocks, and springs.  I'll will finally be
able to get a real measurement come this spring, since a Xmas present was
the G-tech computer for tuning purposes.

At Mid-Ohio last year, the spit and tr-6 were both former Group 44 cars
(read: everything possible and them some to go fast).  The spit just
didn't have enough to pull past the tr-6.  In the essess and around turns
6-8 the spit looked to the inside every lap.  I think it was still
standing team orders, since the tr-6 was world champion x-teen times or
whatever.

jim