Re: Killer Squirrels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Killer Squirrels
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:42:59 -0600
Hi!

I have seen the same problem happen here in Dallas -- my
across-the-street neighbor came to tell me that squirrels had eaten the
wiring harness in his old Bronco not just once but twice! and for me to
watch out for my '79 Cherokee and the '63 Dodge I have in my side yard.
He said it was definitely squirrels.

I also remember when my dad had his 250 GTE Ferrari back in the early
70's that he stored it at someone's house, and when he opened the hood
lots and lots of nutshells fell out of the under-hood insulation and the
wiring had been chewed up by squirrels.

I guess some wiring harnesses are just nut flavored!

All of the city pest control people I have ever talked to do not trap to
kill animals unless they are a danger to people.  They relocate them to
areas where they are not likely to bother humans.  My parents just had a
raccoon trapped at their house and the animal control folks released it
by the river a good distance from human habitation.  I also do not
believe in killing animals just because they avail themselves of the
yummy things and snug homes we so nicely place in their paths.  I also
used to be a foster mother for small animals from the LSU vet clinic
(coons, squirrels, possums, etc.) and I always released them when grown
enough to places as far from habitation as I could get.

Just my two cents!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

PS -- Had Elliott out today, sunny weather, 78 degrees, AWESOME!
Everyone at work loves him.  Too bad I had to work...