Re: Engine Analyzer

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Analyzer
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:17:33 -0000
Hi Terry
I always use a tube to balance (listen to the hiss, and its volume not tone
so your ears can be a bit out of tune too!), and a colourtune to do my
mixture in this order. Don't forget to adjust every thing else first,
tappets, points gap (dwell if you have the meter), timing, then carbs is the
order I use. This is so that no adjustment is upset by any subsequent
adjustments (i.e. points gap affects timing). I always have my cars
emissions tested as they can easily meet the lower level UK specs and they
don't (can't?) fail if they are outside limits. The colourtune is, if used
well, almost as good as a gas analyser as borne out by the unit at the test
station!

Graham.