Questions

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions
From: "Dummer, Dan" <Dan.Dummer@BestBuy.Com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:54:48 -0600
Hello All,

I'm a semi-new Spitfire owner, and will start de-lurking to participate more
in the list.  I have a 78 Spit, that I am in the process of first, just
getting running, and eventually completely rebuilding (one part at a time,
as money allows).    So far I've rebuilt the master cylinders, and clutch
slave.  Redone the brakes, and done some minor painting.  But now I'm
stumped.    When I bought the Spit, the PO threw in a header that he thought
would fit, but....  Although the holes line up, there are, for lack of a
better definition, extra tabs on the headers that cause the headers to have
a differing thickness than the intake manifold.     Can I make this header
work, just by grinding off the above mentioned tabs, or do I need a
different header all together ?  Has anyone seen tabs like this on a header
?  Is it for a different year Spit ?

Any help would be appreciated,
Dan

dan.dummer@bestbuy.com