Overdrive

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive
From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:17:57 EST
Every once in a while when I'm slowing down in second gear my overdrive
engages on its own. I was thinking it may be due to the orifice being
partially plugged. The Triumph Spitfire site says there is a plug on the
upper left side of the overdrive that allows access to clean it. When I look
at my transmission I don't see any plugs on top of the overdrive. Does anyone
know how to check this on a 77 J type overdrive?
BTW when I had the Transmission out a couple of months ago I cleaned the oil
strainers in the unit.