Re: rear spring

To: MikeC <mikech@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: rear spring
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:39:45 -0700
Mike,
What I did is go to Eagle Hardware and buy some thick nylon washers that
are the exact diameter of the indentations at the ends of the leaves.  I
disassembled the spring and when I put it back together, I inserted
those washers in the dimples.  It offers a better alternative to metal
on metal.  If you can find teflon washers, that would probably work even
better.

Joe

MikeC wrote:

> I picked up my freshly de-arched rear spring today.  I measured before I
> took it off the car and decided that 1.5" was enough drop.  I reinstalled it
> tonight and it seems to be just what I wanted. The place I took it to said
> they didn't have any kind of teflon strips to put in-between the leaves, so
> when I got it home I spread the leaves slightly with a screwdriver and
> sprayed some white lithium grease in there to reduce friction. I didn't cut
> the ends off the second leaf after hearing the breakage horror stories. Best
> part of the story is the shop only charged me $10, I think it was a mistake
> but I questioned it and the guy replied *That's what the ticked says.*
> MikeC

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer