Spitfire database actually doing some good!

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spitfire database actually doing some good!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:34:09 -0700
Recently I got a data entry sheet from a couple back east that had some
irregularities.  I emailed them back that the commission number they
gave is for a 74 Spitfire and they said it was a 79.

After checking into their title and the commission plates on the car, it
was determined that the Department of Motor Vehicles in their state made
a clerical error when the title was produced.  The result was the first
two digits of the serial number were reversed.  They thanked me for the
nformation and made their way down to the government offices to have
their title corrected.

It makes me feel rather good to know that in some small way this project
os doing some good.

Regards,
Joe Curry

http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html