RE: Sensible advice please

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sensible advice please
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:46:36 -0500
When I first got my Spitfire, some local friends of mine tried to disuade me
from driving it. They had a friend who had a spitfire locally, and had
"suped it up".
Including a roll-bar. Well, while driving the car pretty hard on a local
stretch
he flipped the car and broke his neck, disabling himself and he's now
confined to
a wheel chair.

I didn't get the first-hand account or what actually caused the
dibilitating damage.
Did he have his seatbelt on? I don't know. Was he thrown from the car? Or
was the
violent action of the flip, while his body was still strapped to the seat
what did it?
I don't know.

The last I heard, about the only thing left that was salvagable was the
roll-bar.

But as much as I've asked around, I've never heard of anyone in a fatality,
but have
heard lots of reports of "totals" turning the cars into scrap. They are
metal..they
are NOT easy to flip. (He must have taken it off road to flip it, in my
opinion).

-Terry