Re: ... the saga continues

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: ... the saga continues
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:54:08 -0800
Joe,
  I forgot to add that here in California, a 1974 model is still subject
to smog check.   If you're hesitant about this Spit, but you might
consider another, maybe look at a 1973 or earlier.  You can find out
more about this at the CA website at
http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/smogweb/smog/doineed.asp

It basically says:

"Some vehicles are completely exempt

All 1973 and older model year vehicles are exempt from
all aspects of the Smog Check program, but owners of
these vehicles are required by law to keep their
emissions systems intact. Vehicles built in 1973 for the
1974 model year are 1974 vehicles and must be tested
accordingly."

Good luck,
Peter Ficklin

"Garner, Joseph P." wrote:

> Once again, thank you everyone for all the advice. I think i can summarise
> as follows:

<SNIP>