Re: Rover/Buick 3.5L vs. Chevy 4.3L V-6

To: jfl@neoucom.edu, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover/Buick 3.5L vs. Chevy 4.3L V-6
From: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:52:32 PST
James:

The rover engine a great engine.  Rover as you know bought the rights from
buick.  It is really a US engine.  Still I think on US the side at least as
far as heads go they are expensive to replace. Warping was a problem.  I
owned a TR-8 so I know first hand.

I have used the Chevy 4.3L V-6 which is not that much heavier than the old
cast iron spitfire 1500cc anchor.  The rover is only 3.5 liter so from the
start I have 23% more Cu IN.  Working the engines from that point is matter
of money.  Building either to above 500hp is costly and is not really a
everyday driver.

Dayton J. Carpenter, Esq.
President of International Business and Legal Affairs
Foundsoft Science & Technology Group
12 F Office Plaza World Trade Centre Zhejiang
15 Shuguang Road
Hangzhou,  Zhejiang Province  310007
China

Tele:  86-571-795-0135 ext 8011