Bleeding brakes !!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding brakes !!
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 15:58:09 -0800
Fellow listers,

I've got a problem with the front brakes on my '72 (dual m/c). The brake
pedal goes to the floor (with effort), I can push it to the floor with my
hand. The brakes have been bled several times, no bubbles, but not much
fluid (fluif ?) either. The rear brakes seem to be fine, bleed well, and
move a lot of fluid. This is a 'new' system using silicon dot 5 fluid, all
rebuilt wheel cylinders / calipers, new master cylinder (1976 variety, small
cap))

Is the m/c suspect ? Possible fluid leaking past the seal ? Is there any way
to test/verify ?

TIA...Ken C