RE: Signing off for a while

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Signing off for a while
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:29:22 -0600
Push the big black " X "

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff McNeal [mailto:jmcneal@ohms.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 9:12 AM
To: Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.); 'spitfires'

Doug,

I can't say that I blame you, but I think you're taking the wrong approach.
I've stopped myself from posting ENOUGH ALREADY! about the damned gas price
threads at least three separate times now.  I'm not the moderator of this
list, so it isn't my place to play traffic cop, but I wholeheartedly agree
that the value of this list seriously diminishes when too many folks get off
on a tangent not directly related to Spitfire cars.  Sure, it takes gasoline
to power our little beauties, but things seem to go overboard in a hurry.
Personally, I've found the whole issue to be a real bore.  I mean, I filled
my tank yesterday and even at $1.99 it cost what?  Fourteen bucks!?  Big
deal!

I briefly gave thought to signing off the list for awhile myself, but then
realized that this would only be contributing to the problem, not
alieviating it.   So rather than signing off in a huff, why not post a new
topic directly related to Spitfires and help us get this list back on track?

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego