Need emissions parts, please

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need emissions parts, please
From: "Michael Hightower" <mphtower@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:23:18 -0500
Hi, I've finally gotten around to working on my '76 Spitfire, and now I need
a bunch of emissions controls to past the state inspection.

So, is there anyone out there who either has emissions controls they'd like
to sell, or does anyone know of a good resource?

Also, it's got a Weber DGAV carb right now, and the state requires a
thermostatic air cleaner.  Is there an aftermarket one being made, or does
anyone have a good suggestion on how to build one?  I was thinking of taking
an air cleaner off of some other car, and redesigning the mounting system to
fit the DGAV.

- Michael Hightower (a guy that only posted once or twice a year ago when
the car was purchased)