Re: Correcting negative camber

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: Re: Correcting negative camber
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:07:27 -0700
Find a totally flat level place and drive the car on it.  Measure the
current rear ride height. Center of hub to wheel arch lip.  Jack up the rear
so the wheels come in at the bottom (positive camber), remove the jack. Push
the car forward until the rear lowers to your ideal ride height and tire
camber. Re-measure the ride height, the difference in the two is the amount
you need to get your rear spring re-arched. I'd add about a 1/4" or so to
the amount to account for some initial sag after you reinstall the spring.
I was only charged $10 to de-arch my spring, but I'd expect to pay $30-40.
I personally like a bit of negative camber in the rear.  We should have
traded springs before I had mine de-arched.
MikeC
BTW: Air shocks suck, keep the Koni's.

>Hi all.  I have a small amount of negative camber on the rear wheels and
I'd