cooling fan

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling fan
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:37:32 -0700
Which is considered to be the better cooling fan,  The early four blade
steel one or the 71-74 plastic one (7 or nine blades?)?  Which one is
quieter?  I've got the steel four blade and it seems to cool fine but it is
very loud at high engine speeds. I tried a couple of different electric
fans, but they did not seem to blow enough air to keep the car cool at city
speeds and its only been in the mid 60s temp wise. Very quiet though.  With
the steel one I have now, when I'm on the freeway at about 65 mph all you
can hear is the fan.  It was much better to drive on the freeway with the
electric fan because I could actually hear the engine and exhaust.
TIA
MikeC