Re: Oil preferences

To: trunnell@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Oil preferences
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 07:19:22 -0700
Glenn,
My oil pressure does not have the drop that you mention.  I use the same oil
you do.  The difference may be in the engine.  As the
thing heats up, tolerances become wider, oil galleries and bearings widen and
more oil flows causing the pressure to drop.  How long
has it been since the engine was overhauled?  This might be an omen of an
impending overhaul in your future.

Joe