Part II: Screwed BY Mrs. Jones

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part II: Screwed BY Mrs. Jones
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:21:55 -0700
Not content to leave well enough alone, I decided to go ahead and properly
tighten down those trunnions all the way 'round and take the car out for
another rip-roaring road test, with full throttle and Monza exhaust
screaming.

Uh...  The rear trunnion bolts are about 6" long and extend through the
lower eye of the shock, through a long shaft (the rear trunnion, I'm
assuming) then out the other end, correct?

If so, I think I broke the bolt by torqueing it down too far.  Either that,
or it just gave up after 34 years.

Now, I've gotta extract that nasty thing somehow, and keep Mrs. Jones safe
and cozy in the garage until I can order the bolt and get it back in there.

SIGH!!  Ha ha, but then again, this is half the fun, isn't it?  :-}

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!