Re: toyo tires

To: Cleftys@aol.com
Subject: Re: toyo tires
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 05:50:49 -0700
>Greetings
>I may have made a mistake in purchasing 14" wheels for my Spit, and I have
>tried for months to find a suitable tire that  I can run without rubbing the
>bonnet.  I am considering the Toyo Proxes TS-1 195-45/14.  It is 21" overall
>diameter and 7.7" wide.  Has anyone run this tire or one of similar size
>(from a 13" wheel)?
>Thanks in Advance
>Cory
I run a 205/60 13, which is closer to 22 inches on 6 inch Panasports and
has to be wider than your 195's.  I haven't had any problems with rubbing
the bonnet (although I have very slightly flared the wheel arch but still,
I'm running a lot wider tire.  Are you sure that the rims you purchased
have the correct offset to them.  An incorrect offset could, along with
designed causing them to rub -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)