Re: Re: Thrust Washers?

To: "tedtsimx@q1.net" <tedtsimx@q1.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Thrust Washers?
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:40:40 -0400
Ted, I am going to check anyway. But you are right it is more movement than
that by the sounds of it. But then I've never had a Triumph this old with this
problem.

Maybe just over idle. Could it be engine mounts needing replaced. Aas I rev her
up she seems to go through a resonant point. Also when I turn teh engine off
she shudders the same. It teh only way to describe it.

At good road speeds (50mph) she seems fine. It's not the tranny or diveshafts
as they are not connected. Which basically leaves the engine.
And it's not the clutch as that is brand new and working now like a dream, as
is the gearbox. Engine pulls strongly (for a single Stromberg).

If you or anyone else has any ideas. Remember I don't have a history of the car
so it could be anything. Even a loose bolt somewhere. There is a bit of a
clunking somewhere of the left front probalbly in the area of the air pump.