Tire wobble

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire wobble
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 13:04:22 -0500
Greetings, All;

A few weeks ago I had a guy pull up next to me and tell me that my right
rear tire had a "severe" wobble in it.  I thanked him, and continued home,
thinking that I had a bent rim.  Had my friendly, local tire dealer check
the rim - it's straight.  I'm not sure what to check now.  Could the axle be
bent?  I've never looked hard at the rear suspension, so my understanding of
it's design is a bit lacking.  When I pulled the wheel off I noticed that
the screws holding the drum on are missing, and the drum didn't look like it
was fitting all the way on the axle.  I just assumed that the wheel lugs
would snug it up when I put the wheel back on.  Is the drum causing the
problem?  Thanks in advance.

I'll be off line for 2 weeks.  I'm off to Mt. Airy, North Carolina to watch
my daughter graduate high school.  Should be a fun trip.

Bill Gingerich
'74 Spitfire