To OD or not to OD

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: To OD or not to OD
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:44:27 EDT
It seems like everyone has an opinion on this one, well here's mine 8-).
Next week marks 19 straight years of using a spit as my daily driver,
never had OD.  Did I miss it?  Yeah sometimes on the highway it
would have been nice to be able to go faster than 60-65 and stay
under 4000 rpm.  But on a short trip, the total time difference between
doing 60 and 70 is negligible.  And on a longer trip, well I've learned to
harken back to a more genteel time, when the pace of life was less
frantic.  Stop and smell the castrol.  Either that, or borrow my wife's
REAL car...

While list experience seems to be different, I have also heard anecdotally
that OD may not be happy with the rigors of daily driving.  I definitely don't
need one more thing to break.

On a somewhat related note, I passed an Amish horse and buggy yesterday
and realized that it was probably technologically closer to my spit than
anything else on the road.  Except it was front "wheel" drive...

My .000001 (at best)

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire