Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Dean Rayner" <deanr@saville.co.uk>
Subject: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:15:09 -0700
Joe,

I'm glad that you're "my" Triumph advisor.  Dean was beginning to worry me a
bit.  So far, my gearbox is in good shape, but when it goes, I definitely
want to replace it with a full-synchro version with or without a J type
overdrive unit.  Either that, or a straight 5-speed conversion.

As far as I'm concerned, the 3-synchro transmissions were the achillies heel
of early Spitfires and I have no intention of enslaving myself to one for
the sake of originality.  I want my car to be fun for me to drive and as
reliable as I can make it, period.  I have no fear of concourse judges
because I don't intend to ever enter my car in that kind of competition.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!