Re: Tranny oil

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Tranny oil
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:32:56 -0400
I think actually the lower viscosity oil recommendation had to do with Laycocks
oil specifications for
their transmissions.  They do not recommend the standard 70 to 90 weight gear
oils.  I think they
recommend about a 50 weight gear oil or an equivalent weight motor oil.  I can
try to dig this up
if you like.

>>> Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> 08/30 3:13 PM >>>

That is likely to be expected in colder climes.  I think it is why earlier cars
(TR3/4, etc) had recommendations of using engine oil in
the OD transmissions.

Joe