Re: Incredible Touring Weather!

To: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Incredible Touring Weather!
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:23:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 BPAULTR3@aol.com wrote:

> My early TR snow driving experience was in my 1954 TR2, in New York near the
> city where I was living in the early 60s.  Yes big lugged snow tires.

I had snow tires and chains for my 1972 MGB.  In 1974, a mere week before
we were to get married, my almost wife and I ended out staying at the
apartment we had just started setting up in town.  I couldn't get her back
to her house as the snow out int he country where she slived was so thick
and wet it would pack under the car until it picked the wheels up enough
to just spin.  The streets in town were plowed, but thia made for other
problems.  In order to even get on the street where the apartment was I
had to go to a passing street above the apratment and blast through the
plowed snow which was actually higher than the car at that point.  We did
survive, however.  And while she likes the Spitfire, she has said on a
few occaisions that she wished she had an MGB again.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |