Re: RH door wanted for MkIII

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: RH door wanted for MkIII
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:55:40 +0100
Thank you both so much for trying to help. To be honest I was wondering
about getting a nice solid door from your side of the pond, one which
hadn't been subjected to the horrors of 30+ soggy UK winters. It seems
the garage is prepared to cover the costs of the door as so far they
haven't repaired the car properly, certainly not to my satisfaction, so
I thought it might be worth my offering to cover any costs of shipping
over and above what it might cost within the UK. Trouble is I know we're
talking about quite a hunk of metal here, would anyone have any idea of
the cost of shipping such an item to the UK?

I know I'd have to take a lot on trust as it's not the sort of thing I
could just write 'return to sender' on if it wasn't ok but it seems it
might be easier to find a good RH door there rather than here where it's
the driver's door.

I agree with Joe that it would only make sense if I there was one out
there that wouldn't need further adaptation so unfortunately I won't be
able to clear some space for him ;-)

I think it's still worth thinking about if I can get an idea whether the
shipping costs would make this feasible or not.

Suzie

Joe wrote:
> Unfortunately, all the doors I have (one spare pair) are equipped with
Mk1/early Mk2 door handles.  While they could be adapted with a
> bit of work to the anti-burst latches and handles, the trouble and the
shipping cost would not make the shipment worth it!

> Joe
>
> "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" wrote:
> >
> > Hey Joe, can you help Suzie? ;) Shipping might be
> > expensive. Maybe someone is heading to the UK and
> > can take one in their suitcase. ;)
> >
> > Doug

Classics)
> > and the Spitfire Graveyard